Friday 12 September 2014

BIRTHDAY THOUGHTS.....

Hey people, hope you all are doing great today? I just wanted to take a few moment to share some of my birthday thoughts with you guys. After all, Facebook dey often ask us what's on our mind? So here's what's on my mind this morning.

My birthday is in a few days and on every occasion, I take out time to reflect on certain things that has been happening. For the most part of my life, I dreaded celebrating or even recognizing that I am a year older. However, I feel different this time. I feel calm, more matured, relaxed and very comfortable in my own skin. I feel like having come a very long way to where am at presently, nothing else matters. Through persistence I have achieved a lot for myself much more than anyone could have imagined. I may not be where I really want to be, but I am very far form where I thought I'd be at this stage of my life. 


People used to tell me in the past that my dreams where too big for me. they would often say Sharon, how on earth do you hope  to achieve all this stuff your planning to achieve? Then they would remind me of my poor background, my lack of finance and of course my disability. Isn't it funny how people can limit you with words, their looks, attitude and even make up excuses for you just because they don't see what you see? 
Guys, please mind the people you share your life dreams and aspirations with especially if you have any form of disability or certain limitations. They don't see you living your dreams because to them it is impossible and since they can't get their head around how you of all people would aspire so high, they are left with no choice but to talk you down. They often don't see your abilities, motivation and drive. They only see your problems and even take a step further to magnify them in your face that if not careful, you will begin to see things through their eyes and doubt yourself.


Let me remind you that these people are not far away. They are your family, friends or just people you think have your interest at heart. They are people that are supposed to encourage, support and lend you a hand. My advice to you is; Don't pay attention, follow your heart and watch out for who you talk to and ask for help from the right people. Right people are always around us too but we often don't recognize them. I have dealt with, conquered and still dealing with certain limitations. They will never go away. I guess that's life for you. Just keep doing your thing and achieve as much as you can because that is the only proof you've got to show that you are unbeatable. That is what I do and still doing, I ACHIEVE.  

So friends, this years birthday, I will be celebrating with a heart full of gratitude to God, I am counting my blessings because God has indeed done men well. I am never going to look back like previous years to ask God why me rather, I am embracing my future with my head high, shoulders squared and soaring to my amazing future. 

Finally friend, no matter what you go through or are facing right now, look into the mirror and speak life to yourself. Call forth the things that be not as though they already are. Never ever let peoples actions put you down. Celebrate no matter what.

I LOVE YOU FOR STOPPING BY.

Sharon  xxx. 
















2 comments:

  1. So I am back.....hehe....Oh nice one mami.......okay so are we having a countdown or what?....**smiles**

    I blog at Tibs Tells Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Tibs darling its a count down ooo. you are always welcome here anytime baby. I have looked at your page and fabulous is the word. good job

      Delete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...