Saturday 20 September 2014

YOUR LOVE STORY...




In life, it is our experiences that define us rather than our disability. Love story for persons living with any for of disability is interesting as it tends to open your eyes to a whole new dimension of how love really works. we all know the heart pounding feeling, the butterfly in our stomach the nerves clucking, the shaky hands and feet etc. everyone experiences when the one you love is around. This I must say is different for persons with a disability man or woman.
People with a disability fall in love like anyone else and I believe it is fine for everyone to be in a loving relationship that would lead to starting a family if both parties want to. In this part of the world, the mind set is beginning to change because I see a lot of my friends men and women getting married and having children and are happy in their relationship. I also like the fact that the idea of getting on with someone just to see what it's like being with them is also changing.

To be in a loving relationship as a person with a disability, you must first love and accept yourself truly with all your flaws and imperfections, Understanding that you are unique just the way you are. If you have not accepted the fact that life happens to everyone differently then you will have a problem relating with other people. To some, it is visible while to others, it is hidden and there is no such thing as a "PERFECT BEING". 

I have kissed a few frogs and I have come to realize that doing me first paves the way for other things to follow. You either love and accept me the way I am and for who I am or you take a walk......Simples. A lot of people in our society still don't understand that irrespective of anyone's disability, they still have the same right as other people to be in a loving, unconditional and happy relationship. 
Lets discusses............
  • Tell me about your love experience(s). 
  • Has any challenge stopped you from being in a loving relationship?
  • Every story you share is going to be a proof that everyone can have a remarkable love life.
  • Remember every love story is different. So tell us your love story to help us challenge perceptions around disabilities and relationships.

I love you for stopping by. Please dont forget too share, comment, email and introduce someone here.

Sharon xxx...

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...