Saturday 16 April 2016

Yam Por! as of old

Hiya everyone! 
Happy weekend.

So it's Saturday and I am home a lone. No parri to go to, no Owambe, no work .... so I decided to stay at home today and rest or maybe do some house keeping while I plan for the week ahead.


I have not really cooked post surgery ...... Ya gurl have been eating out. This morning while in bed, I remembered one of my childhood favorite meal 'YAM' and how I enjoyed eating it. Immediately I entered my kitchen and Yam por is ready!!!! I made it exactly like I like it as a child.

What you will need:
- Yam (Gboko to be precised)
- Palm oil
- Onions
- Crayfish
- Maggi (just a cube)
- Salt (to taste)
- Tomatoes (I had to use the last tomatoes at home so it doesn't go bad. I don't really need it)
- Pepper (I used a mixture of  dried pepper & Cameroon pepper)

Process: 

- Cut yam into desired shape and size
- Wash, place into pot and add water
- Place on fire and allow to cook till soft....... very SOFT.
- Add salt and onions and allow to cook for 2 minutes 
- Drain off water and add remaining ingredients 
Put a clean towel over the hot pot and SHAKE!!!

Place on fire for 1 minute ... Tada!!!
you like my flag?

Yummy !!!! Please be generous with your palm oil
That's it guys! This is a nice way of introducing yam to your little once. babies like it.

PS: There are so many ways to prepare yam por today. This is just a different method. we will explore them as we go along. Enjoy!

Try it and tell me about your experience. 

Happy weekend guys 


Sharonxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yummy looking food. You sure will make a great cook. maybe you should consider a career in this path who knows. UC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks UC. Yeah anything is possible

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...