Friday 13 January 2017

KILISHI JOLLOF RICE



Hey guys!!!

Today I want to share with you this special dish!!! Yea! 

So my little sister returned from our Nation Abuja and brought us so many goodies :-) ..... Kilishi is one of the many things she came back home with. My parents, sisters and brothers ate theirs but as a foodie that I is naa, My mind was racing because I wanted to utilize the 'kilishi' very well lol.
You can use 'Suya' as substitute for 'Kilishi' but make sure you request for extra suya spice. Try this dish and your tongue will thank you for it.

So here is how I made my 'Kilishi Jollof Rise'

RECIPE 

- Rice
- Pepper
- Onion
- Groundnut  oil
- Salt
- Garlic
- Kilishi
- Cray fish
-Maggi
- Water
- Bay leave

PROCESS

- Par boil the rise, was and set aside
- In a pot, pour oil and allow to heat
- Add salt, onions and chopped fresh tomatoes
- Allow to simmer for about 3-5 minutes
- Add other ingredients ... a little water and allow to boil for 5 minutes
- Add rice
- Add 'Kilishi' 
- Check after 5 minutes, taste for salt and pepper 
(Don't add additional pepper until you have checked because 'kilishi is hot ... it  already has pepper in it)
If everything is fine by you, allow to cook until well done.
Finish off with some slices of tomatoes and onions .... At this point, you can turn off your gas.

Dish your 'Kilishi Jollof' and enjoy.

#foodspiration 

Don't worry about the quantity it's just for one. Lol 

Sharonxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...