Thursday 19 October 2017

ANGELS ARE EVERYWHERE



Helpers are everywhere indeed the only problem sometimes is that we have either lost faith in humanity, lack trust or that e don't just see it. On my way to work, most days, I often see a young boy carrying his younger sibling with disability on his back to school. I am very sure he does this every single school day. How long is he going  to do this for? Will he put a pause on his on life, career and ambitions for life just to care for his brother? 

When I just started school as a child, my parents did carry me to school and bring me back every school day however, they stopped at some point when they found out that it was becoming too tasking. At the time, my parents never had any vehicle so carry me was beginning to way my parents down ( I was very plummpy and weighty) besides, my had to go to work and my my mum had to take care of other things ( siblings and business) so you see?

I remember my mum telling me one morning that she won't be dropping me off at school anymore because she has a better plan. Wondering what the plan was, she called other kids who attended same school as me in the neighborhood, she asked us all to hold hands together and never to leave each other until we got to school. Her idea was to form a chain and guess what it worked. 

She coached us on which path to follow, what to look out for before crossing the road and how to ask 'brothers and sisters' on the road to please help us cross the road. 

She looked straight into my eyes and said 'Ify, angels are everywhere, they will help you my child even before you ask'. I didn't understand then but, I understood later on in my journey. She prepared me to lead a life of independence knowing that she and my dad won't always be there for me. 

My parents love me and still do but they gave me tough love...... serious tough love and I credit independent living and my ability to take care of myself to my parents especially my mum. 

Parents and guardians, love support and support your children to become their own individual disabled or not but do not over protect them to their own detriment because you will not always be there for them. Remember, we live in a tough world where you have to be strong enough to compete and thrive. 

Don't do life a lone. Angels are everywhere!!!

Sharonxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...