Sunday 3 December 2017

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES


We all know what to day is. Well if you don't know, it is a day set aside to celebrate and promote the well-being of persons living with disabilities in all spheres of life and all over the world. It is also a day to increase awareness on the challenges and struggles faced in economic, social, cultural and political sphere.

To commemorate what today is, here is a little something for you below: 

Never let ANYONE or ANYTHING define you. When I realized at age 6 that I had a disability and would live with it for the rest of my life, I was confused, I didn't understand because at home, I was a normal kid who was just like everyone else. 

People pointed my disability to me and then the bullying started pouring in. I thought I would never lead a normal life. I wondered how I was going to cope in a "perfect" world. As I grew older, I realized that just because I look different doesn't mean I can't have a good life. I decided to live a good life regardless of my looks, background or circumstances. 

I decided to be more grateful and appreciative of the things I have and the things I can do focusing less on the things I can't do.

When people say I'm strong, I smile because I know that "My strength does not come from lifting weights. My strength comes from lifting myself back up each and every time I fall"

Remember, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger!

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...