Thursday 31 December 2015

CHRONICLES OF MY 2015.

Image result for 2015



                                "I was pushed back and  about to fall, but the Lord helped me._ Psalm 118:13"

2015 for me was a bumpy one. I started the year on a fly. At a point within the year, I thought I was going to die, I battled depression, frustration and I was one very unhappy person. My expectations weren’t coming forth and so it lowered my self-esteem. To be honest, I thought I wasn’t going to come out of it.
I moved back to Nigeria from the UK after my studies into the arms of my lovely family, in October we welcomed a new addition to our family, I got a job and moved into my own apartment in November. And oh my relationship was just fine (or so I thought lol).  In December, I had a clear picture of exactly what I wanted to do in every month in of the New Year. Hmmm **clears throat*** na so hehehe!!!

At the end of January 2015, I was a happy girl because the first set of plan I had worked out really well. I was not worried about anything. I was just enjoying myself. And then came February ……… Hmmm things started to go down south. The project I was working on started failing, I was losing money very fast, I wasn’t doing well at work either…… Oh how I hated going to my job. My relationship hit rock bottom, I had no friend insight, I was miserable and frustrated.
At this point, nothing mattered anymore and I stopped praying. I stopped because I thought life was playing a huge trick on me. This has got to be a joke! I thought I was in charge and my plans where working? Unfortunately, things went from bad to worse up until July. I cried myself to sleep every night, asked God a million “why’s”. I blamed myself for everything. To be honest, I regretted moving back (I should have stayed back with my boyfriend to start a family) hmmm but with the kind of dreams I have, that decision would have been a selfish one.
…..And then one night in July……. Somebody please say “one night” Hmmm it was a very cold night in July I had a meeting with myself….. by myself. I came clean and real, I asked myself questions, I reminded myself of whom I really am. That night, I brought out my dairy and I wrote my heart out, I revisited dreams and thoughts, and finally, I poured my heart out to God. I cried to God that night and my God heard me. The burdens were lifted, scales fell off my eyes and I woke up light, free and ready.
July to November, I started to take responsibility and necessary actions. I conditioned my mind to love my job regardless of how I felt and worked hard. I enrolled for a professional certification program and got certified, I started saving,  I forgave myself and everyone that wronged me. I started seeing my life in a whole new perspective and marveled at how things turned around so quickly.

December is here and I am so thankful and appreciative of how far I have come. I am in a much happier place today because my dreams are valid and there is no stopping. I am soaring into 2016 with high hopes and expectations. I really can’t complain.

What is your 2015 story? how bad did things get? how well did you do? Please share.

Saronxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oshey baDDest! Awww this was an inspiring read Sharon of laiifee! Plus welcome back eh Bubba.. Mbok dont coma and goan leave us again oh! I beg you in the name of Chioma my Future geh friend.. You sure are a strong somboRRy oh! I mean for you to talk yourself outta the tough times is something definitely worthy of Note.. Weldone Bubba.. GOD make you Stronger and Bigger of a Blessing..

    2015 was amazing.. it wasn an #itcanonlybeGOD kinda year.. as I learnt to Let go and let GOD.. cause on the Long Run ba.. GOD is all we have. Ah! You moved into ya own House! oshey Big baDdest Geh ever liveth! And mbok! We should share the money from the Job of Life equally like PDP oh! **Shines Teeth!

    Cheers Bubba and Happy New Year! May 2016 be lit for us all.. and may every month be a hit back to Back for us all.. **Wears Pastor JdB Smile.. :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...