Wednesday 15 April 2015

HOW PREPARED ARE YOU FOR WHAT YOU'RE PRAYING FOR?

When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray......... Unknown.
Image result for praying for something

Hello lovelies, how are you guys doing today? Hope not too bad. New day New post......hehe!
Today's post is a combination of my personal story, experience and of course encouragement to some of you who like to pray but don't have the habit of preparing. 

'God please bless me so I can be a blessing'. Does this prayer sound familiar to anyone?.........You pray this prayer all the time yet you struggle to buy pure water for that 'thirsty somebody', you struggle to accommodate others, struggle to share the little that you have........ you even struggle with giving.
 Six years ago, I was a young adult, a graduate, completed NYSC, gainfully employed, engaged to be married to the love of my life. A lot of every young woman's dream right? WRONG!.......In all of this, something was missing. My life was completely different from what I see when I close my eyes. My life didn't look like the prayers I was making at the time. I wanted more........ I was hungry for more. I knew deep down my heart that there is a purpose to fulfill. My problem at the time was that I didn't know exactly what it was I am meant to be doing. It looked like I was living someone else's life. (This is not to say the things I had where wrong for my age, there was just more to what I was seeing and praying for than the things I had).

One morning, I was on my way to work and I remember speaking to God and telling Him all I want in my life. How I want it, at what time and where I want it. Suddenly, I heard a voice telling me to stop and it went further to ask me how prepared I am for the answers that I seek. The reminded me that I am a blessing however all I do need was a heart to accommodate things that happens to a blessed person. WOW!

Throughout my journey to work that faithful morning, I dwelt on the whole encounter. It was an eye opener. It goes to show how we end up asking God for things that we forget to draw strength and grace to be able to prepare our hearts towards living out the blessings. We often seek God with a 'ME' attitude forgetting that we have to prepare ourselves for the next level we are praying for.

While you pray for things, prepare yourself for your new role and see it as your 'new normal'. If you prayed for:

  • A child, prepare to be a mum.
  • A job, prepare yourself for your new role.
  • A husband, prepare yourself to be a Proverb 31: woman
  • A new car, house, clothes....... prepare to maintain them
  • A new line of business, be prepared to work
  • A wife, be prepared to love her unconditionally
  • A ministry, prepare your heart
God will not just throw things at you that you are not prepared for. So as you ask in faith, prepare yourself and be ready. I am not ruling out the fact that God supernaturally makes things happen but, you've got a role to play. 


In my case, I didn't know the extent God was going to go with me, I simply prayed, believed and prepared my heart. I may not be where I want to be, I am however glad I prepared my heart for where I am today.

Live, pray and prepare!
Sharonxxx...

7 comments:

  1. Ooosssshhheeeeyyyy Turn up!! I sooo enjoyed reading this like Kilode... No be small 'thirsty somebody' lmao! You know yeah Ifeoma.. This post was so ghen ghen to read that i literally sat back on my Jangolova chair, crossed my 2 mosquito legs and sipped coffee with full attention like i was writing JAMB again! Oooosshheeey Turn uP! Sharon Ifeoma bad like that gaannnn! You know yeah Bubba, life through my 23 years 4 months and 5 days young and utterly confused eyes is simple.. and my slogan to life as relating to this Topic is basically: Fake it Till you Make it! I mean many atimes a lot of us ask Papa for a lot of ghen ghen things but deep within us we are not ready for them sam sam! I mean I am sure Almighty Papa works based on Maturity level and preparedness atimes.. Okay! take me for instance.. i haf been using my 2 kokoro eyes to be finding geh friend like Job up and down Lagos for a while now.. But deep within me i know that me ayaf not kuku ready for woman wahala, and **in www.everydaytibs.blogspot.com 's voice.. i mean I am more than SUuUre (hehehe thats Sure with a Jamaican + British Accent) that I am not ready..

    Baby mi, i am learning that until we are ready for the next stage of life, we will never get there.. Like Exams, we have to study to show that we are in some way worthy to leave behind our current level and go up.. We have to Fake the lifestyle that we want and pray for till we make it! And i believe that is is when we do so that we can really grow.. as my confused head makes me believe that GOD is watching us on Heeavenly skype jejely to see if we are truly ready or not.. **Wears Angel Gabriel smile.. Oshey Pastor JdB toh sure... hehehehehe

    This was such a ghen ghen read Ifeoma.. Probably my best read all morning.,.. and the crowd goes... Yyyeeeaaahhh mehn! Oshey Turn uP!

    P.S: This Heavenly line was heavenly:

    "reminded me that I am a blessing however all I do need was a heart to accommodate things that happens to a blessed person"

    To it i said Wow!! as i read past.. Ehen!!! Did i tell you that for the first time in my life I saw Angel in my dream last Night?! Halelujah SomeBoRRy! I feel so righteous.. let me come and go and open Church before this inspiration fades.. Cheers Bubba.. Oossshheey turn UP! Sharon Rocks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Bubba, hope you are Okay?! Ehmmm **Scratches head.. We your fans have been refreshing on here since the past 2 weeks, but are yet to read an update.. Please come back soon Bubba. Cheers. :)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such an inspiration. We have to be prepare for what God is calling us to do. Thanks for sharing.

    www.desiringyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you're right Funmi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice piece Sharon.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...