Wednesday 31 October 2018

THE BIRTHING OF A DREAM....


I love heels. I dream about wearing  beautiful stilettos and just strutting through the streets of life. Unfortunately, I can't  wear the kind of heels I envision in my head. You know what,  I can have children yes! I want a baby girl. I'd love to see her walk and do life in heels while I cheer.

I am not crazy thinking this way because it is this kind of thinking that has kept me  going. When a part of your life don't function as supposed, the other parts ultimately come alive. It is natural. 

I have no recollection of my time walking. I cannot  recollect stomping my little feet on the ground especially the affected leg however, I do know how to stomp on whatever tries to stand in my way of growth. 

I have copped really well regardless of the limitations and barriers I face daily. I learnt how to cope and live with disability as I go along. It hasn't stopped me at all however,  there are people especially families in my community, our society and country at large who clueless on how to handle or live with disability.  

My disability was born out of ignorance yes. But education, empowerment and the right support over the years have nudged me to where I am today. I am not to be pitied in anyway but I want people to learn from my stories and experience of living with disability.  

This is one of the reasons why Alpha Focus Foundation was birthed. I am living a full fun life, attained feats people thought wasn't possible and still  thriving, reaching and touching lives regardless. 

Alpha Focus Foundation is a non-for-orgainzation that is all about connecting humans first.... then dreams, talents,  skills and to help individuals build lasting relationships through programs and services that strengthen, educate, empowers and cultivate skills to achieve goals.

I don't have it all together yet but I am taking it one step after  another....... one life  at a time. 

So the fact  that I cannot wear heels doesn't  mean I can't make that dream  happen. It will happen in a different kind of  way. So before I birth my daughter, Together, let's make other people's dreams happen through  education, empowerment or  support because we are humans first.  

Love.... Light.... Hugs.

Sharon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...