Monday 13 April 2015

HAPPINESS IS AN ATTITUDE; CULTIVATE IT.

"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future, it is something you design for the present."-Unknown.


Hey guys! Happy new week ma precious people. hehehe! I am very happy today yes I am *singing Pharrell's because am happy* Someone saw me this morning and went ' I really don't know why you are so happy this morning like you don't know what happened last night'. She sealed the talk with a loooonnnnngggg hiss and zoom she left. I stood there wondering what crime I have committed this beautiful morning. *lifts hands* for me, yesterday is gone and no matter what happens, I can't change a thing about it.
I know a lot went down over the weekend but hey, it's all in the past now. Anyway, how was the election in your area? did you vote? was it peaceful and did your candidate win? Back to HAPPINESS..... Ever wondered why a lot of people tie their happiness to something? People always go I will be happy if I have enough money, clothes, love, car, job, husband, wife, children........ some even say they will be happy after having a smoke or a drink. Huh*eyes out*.


It doesn't work that way. Truth be told happiness is something we create outside our circumstances. It is an attitude that is cultivated consciously over time completely within your control. You can be happy regardless of whether you have things or not (I know what you are thinking...... things contribute to you being happy). Let's look at it this way, Happiness is faith...... yes FAITH the knowing that this and that will come gladdens your heart. The fact that you know this attracts whatever it is you are expecting to come to you. 

See this life is tough enough and the only thing that will help see you through is to consciously cultivate a happy attitude. So friends, as you begin your week, forget about the people that are out to make you angry. Don't dwell too much on the things you do not have rather, focus on building a happy life. HOW?
  • Take care of yourself first: Do the things that makes you happy..... let it be about you.
  • Read and meditate: This action helps remind you of positive thoughts.... That's where it all starts from.
  • Be around nature: You have no idea how this helps breed happiness..... the wonders of nature sometimes leaves you in awe. It can rejuvenate and restore your spirit.
  • Volunteer: Give and invest your time, money, knowledge...... Just this thought and feeling of helping someone or a group helps you realise how blessed you are.
  • Get someone to pamper you: Doesn't it feel good to be taken care of sometime even in small ways? Get someone to launder your clothes, do your manicure, massage you........ fix little things for you. 
  • Choose to be happy: Ultimately, happiness is a choice..... a conscious one at that. You could still end up being unhappy irrespective of the things you have if you don't CHOOSE to be satisfied and grateful
  •  for the things you have.
Remember, happiness attract. CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY THIS WEEK AND ALWAYS.


Sharonxxx...

1 comment:

  1. Oooosssshhheeey Turn uP! **Singing Cause I am Happy! heheheheh Now this post I can so relate with.. And you slayed it with this line "Happiness is a choice" and to it the crowd goes.. Yyyeeaaahhh mehn! You see Bubba, its simple to chose to be sad, to be grumpy and to be ungrateful.. But life is teaching me in this my 23 years 4 months and 12 days confused tiny head that our Emotions follow after our actions.. So even though things aint perfect for us yeah.. as long as we choose to act happy.. we can truly become happy regardless of events and circumstance.. **Shines Teeth.. **Whispers I am feeling like a PimPim Guidance counselor Boss after typing that line.. :)

    My blog mother www.janybenylshares.com once told me that a heart of gratitude opens up doors of opportunities.. and that line changed my life for ever, as i began to choose to be happy about the little things i have (and be grateful for them).. thereby allowing space for expectancy and less worry, and inadvertently letting the things i really wanted and to which i earlier ties my happiness around come to me.. **Shines teeth... Cheers Ifeoma.. This was a ghen ghen read aswear.. :)

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...