Thursday 25 August 2016

MY LIFE PHILOSOPHY AS A PERSON LIVING WITH DISABILITY.

I have very simple life philosophy's that has kept me going for years that I would love to share with you. When life happens to you, care must be taken so that you don't begin to think and feel that the odds are against you. 
My life's philosophy, is the core of my everyday living. From my point of view as a person living with disability, my physical limitations are not the absence of talent, ability and strength to do life rather, social arrangements can be seen as barriers and constraints upon the ways in which my life  activities and experiences  play out. 

Here are a few of life philosophy that keep me going as a woman with disability:

  • Redefining myself: I only let my goals, talents, dreams, heart define me 'NOT' my disability, struggles or people. If I let things get to me easily, I am handing them the power and authority to destroy me and that only means they've won. The things that call to my heart are the only things that helps define me.
  • I surround myself with goodness: Family, friends, food, fun.... High quality people and good things of life keep me sane.
  • I am brave: It's not always easy being brave I must tell you but, it is and will always be the key to moving forward in life. 
  • It's OK for things not to be OK: I am totally in tune with how my body works and I am fine with the things I can do because trust me, there is so much I can DO.
  • I don't feel sorry for myself: Feeling sorry for myself is a waste of energy. It will only take away my joy and peace of mind.
  • I am spiritual: Oh I can't begin to explain the joy that comes with knowing the truth. I recognize that I am spirit, I have a soul and I live in a body. With all of this knowing that their is a supreme being up there who loves me just the way I am an is constantly looking out for me, .... hmmm that's all I need guys. 
  • I better myself: To keep moving forward, I equip myself with knowledge over and over again and in places and people that inspires me. Knowledge they say is power...... I never stop learning. Bettering myself helps me love myself more and this brings peace and freedom.
So yeah that's it. there's more but I will live it the way it is for now.

Even though I live with the effect of polio, I chose to focus on the activities of things that I can do. Things that empower and give me joy because with this joy, I can spread more love in the hearts of people whose paths will cross mine changing perspectives one person per time. 

What are some of your life philosophies that keeps you going? Please share!

Sharonxxx  
     

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit. I pursue happiness with every strength in me. I love your spirit dear.


    trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria. Please visit again.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...