Monday 29 August 2016

BE UNFORGETTABLE

Hey guys!

It's a new week and I am so excited about the activities I have lined up for me this week. My weekend was pretty busy as it was filled with loads of activities. I visited a friend of mine, attended a mentoring session where I met lots of young, talented and vibrant minds. When I left the venue, I ran into someone whom to be honest, I don't actually remember her but she reminded me about the place and occasion where we met. However, she said something to me that got me thinking.
She told me 'Sharon, I know you may have forgotten but I always remember the day I met you because of the things you said to me. She went on to say, Sharon your words stock with me and that made you 'unforgettable'!!!

Hmmm that sounds nice and cool right? Yeah I know. However, let me tell you something, It is a conscious decision I make every single day, wherever I find myself and have the opportunity to meet and connect with people to make a lasting impression on them.

I know everyone wants to be 'unforgettable' in the hearts of people they come in contact with, which in my opinion can be a difficult thing to do but, you have to be intentional about it.

Here's what I do and think about when I meet someone:
  • What I want to be remembered for: This covers my personality traits, attitude, response, mindset, etc. 
  • What I exude: This covers Confidence, beauty (physical & inner beauty), positivity, good posture, great smile, eye contact, attention ..... general good body language.
  • What I am knowledgeable about: I don't want to appear ignorant in general knowledge. I ask open ended questions and give my thoughts and opinion on things. 
  •  I show gratitude: Gratitude not just because I meet them, but because I appreciate the connection and relationship as well (we don't have to be friends afterwards but, just an impression). I don't forget to pay compliments.
  • I show interest: I try to be 'present' in any conversation I might be involved in even though it is not interesting to me. You know what I mean? This requires certain communication skills to pull off. If you do not show interest, your emotion and attitude will give you away. 
  • I am me: What you see is what you get with Sharon. Yes it's that simple. I don't have the energy to pretend to be who I am not because I don't want to spend time remembering what I said before. I am always ME!  
  • I live people feeling better than they were before they met me: This comes very natural with me I can't even explain how it happens. It just happens!
So guys It's a new week and an opportunity to 'Be Unforgettable' in the life and hearts of people who will cross your path.

Share your 'Unforgettable tips' with me in the comment session below. I'd love to see it.

Have a productive week.

Sharonxxx

2 comments:

  1. Great one. What is life if you do not impact people positively? I also try not to leave people the way i met them.


    trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...