Saturday 16 May 2015

WAR AGAINST TICKETERS A.K.A CHAIRMAN BOYS.

Hello everyone!!! first things first, let me start by apologizing for MIA for so long. See eh, a lot has happened to me these past weeks but, hey! am back now and am very SORRY. Thanks to those that sent me mails, called and DMed me ( Wow I never knew people looked forward to my rubbish not so fantastic write up Oooopsss!!!). Okay back to the gist.

Image result for TICKETERS

So last week Wednesday, I decided to go into town for a meeting I had scheduled with someone. After the meeting (which went well by the way) I made a quick stop at the popular oil mill market in port-harcourt to get some fresh fruits and vegetables.
I had just finished buying pineapple from one mallam and turned to the other side to buy mangos (I love love mangos........ the Opioro one is my favourite) from the women selling .......... A little confused about whom to patronize with all the fine woman, customer, miss, my daughter....... come buy from me...... I go put jara ...... I go do am well for you I was hearing, I approached one of the women whose smile beckoned on me the most. Immediately, I noticed a young man standing by the corner (from the way he looked, I thought he was a wheelbarrow pusher) asking the women to settle him......... Normally, a ticket person is responsible for ticket issue........ and this is done peacefully. The ticketer's job is to issue ticket and collect money abi? this one we I witness nor be so na DRAMA.... DRAMA!

Madam mango: Ah abeg allow me to open market nau
Chairman boy: You go say since morning you never sell? give me money make I comot
Madam mango: My daughter no mind this yeye boy you say na how much own you wan buy? you (pointing at him stop distracting me.
Me: #400 Ma
Chairman boy: Ehn give me that your money 
Me: for what.... na you dey sell?
Chairman boy: All this women make una respect una self give me ticket money oo (dragging his ear)
Madam mango: I don tell you to go come back make we sell morning market first...... abi you no no me again?
Chairman boy: Hmmm go come? all of una na de same oya in fact, make all of una give me my money or I go call my boys to scatter una market now now.
All fruit women: Go call your boys come. na because we keep quite dey look you? (all the women got up and faced him).......And he ran away!!! seeing that those women were ready for war. Chairman boy you dey run? no come back come collect money... Onyeara. no go find better work do..... 
Me: Madam na this kind thing una dey see here?
Madam mango: This one na small oo this craze boys reach like ten set wey dey come collect money before market close........na so every market day. My daughter this kind life wey them dey live na life? Tomorrow now my follow woman daughter go come marry this one say na husband....... my daughter, make you no marry this type oo...... this one na course oo 
Me; thank you ma oya give me my jara....... I collect jare enter bus go my house.

On my way home, I thought to myself there is  no easy way to making money. While some jobs are more dignified than others. To the women, they are after selling their wares in peace....... The ticketer a.k.a. Chairman boy wants his own cut for the day. 
Is this how market ticketers behave in your area? Or on the other hand, are they ticketers or pure agbero's? Share your thoughts.

Hugsxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...