Monday 10 October 2016

MONDAY MOTIVATION: THE HAWKER, HIS WARES AND PRAYER.

Hey guys! 

I know it's been a long  time yeah. I have not blogged in a while because of work. YES! WORK!.... Okay back to today's topic.

From where I sat, I noticed his mouth moving. I looked away for a few seconds and then back to him and his lips was still moving. Who is he talking to I asked myself? So I leaned forward just to be sure my eyes weren't deceiving me but saw no one in particular close to him except his bag of chips, cookies and chin-chin.

Then it clicked! he had his  hands over his wares and yes he was praying over them unashamed in a busy motor way not minding who was looking. Wow!

I am talking about a young street hawker I say on the road few days ago. I had boarded our company staff bus to work from my sisters house (I don't usually board staff bus to work) but on that particular day, I guess God wanted me to see that young man praying for a reason.

It was a very slow and gloomy week. I was very emotional, unmotivated and angry. I couldn't just wrap my head around what was going on in my life (that moment where you can't place a finger on anything) let's just say I felt numb all through that period.

When you find yourself in this state, you can't see clearly, you become unthankful and unappreciative of the blessings that God has given you. All that comes to mind are questions of why things aren't going the way you thing they ought to go. You blame and beat yourself up for the thing you really have no control over. 

Hmmm thank God I went to my sisters house and thank God for showing me that young man, his wares and prayer scene. He didn't have much but he was thankful, grateful and hopeful for a fruitful day.

He believed that when he commits his little wares in Gods hands, God will bless his little and give him more. He was grateful for even being on the street to meet needs and serve people with what he had in his hands knowing that God is a multiplier and a miracle worker. 

I learnt a great lesson that day..... one of thankfulness, to be hopeful rather than complain because there are people who have it worse. It could have been me on the street in the hot and cold, risk of being knocked down or run over by reckless drivers while trying to make ends meet.

With all I have been blessed with I still sometimes complain and murmur, Would I still be thankful if I had it worse?   Would you?

Can God still recognize you when you hit it big because now that you are 'made', you no longer call on him?

Sharonxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...