Wednesday 25 February 2015

LET'S TALK BUSINESS!!!

Image result for business
My people how una dey? I hope this finds you well. I want to introduce to you guys to one of the many things I love to do..... BUSINESS!!! Everybody love money. nobody go say e nor like money abi? so what is business? "Business is an individual's regular occupation, profession or trade. It can also be said to be a person's commercial activity." SIMPLES!. Let me tell you guys how I developed love for business...... see eh as a child, I grew up in my mother's kitchen and shop lol...... Okay you know children grow up in different corners of the house. For example, Some kids grow up in front of the Television (aka living room),
Some in their bedroom with computer games, some at the back of the house (backyard) while others will say they grew up in their parents office(s). It doesn't matter however, what matters are the skills you picked up while growing up and how useful they have become to you now that you are all grown up.

My parents are typical Nigerian parents. They will not only send you to school to acquire formal education, they will also teach you how to do business (They are business people). I remember my mum tell us that life is funny. It throws different things at us therefore, you have to be skilled in other areas of life so as to be well guarded. You you see? I had to always report at mumsy's shop after school and on Saturdays at the popular mile one market in Port-harcourt. 

I learnt how to buy and sell, about customer service, money value, business competition, how to run 'Oso ahia' do 'Aprico' , understand what 'return match is' , carry out after sales services etc. I know many of you may not understand some of the 'market terms' I used here......... er don't worry about it ......hahaha. That is the difference between a market trader and all them "posh" traders lol. As you can deduce, me I nor POSH. 

From time to time here I will be sharing with you guys some of the things I learnt from my mum, other traders and of course from personal observation and experience through the years. I will be giving out some business Ideas, sharinging personal stories, advice, effective customer service, and tips that will help you win in a competitive business environment. All for FOC..... free of charge. Hmmm there will be some exceptions tho......... personal consultation things **side eyes**

Thank you for stopping by.....

Sharon xxxx.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for warming us up... Now, can we get the ball rolling? lol... In anticipation of the follow ups to this post.
    I am a first time caller. ***Smiles***

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww welcome o Ugo. thanks for stopping by and yes there is more to come on this segment lol just keep watching this space. once again your welcome. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say you grew up in the kitchen and shop, I understand you. Because I grew up in the bedroom and in my books. I was a book worm (I still am tho). I look forward to learning from your subsequent posts. I need those tips to get tips. You grab? *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear I grew up in the kitchen ooo but that doesn't mean I wasn't allowed to go to school. I am not a book worm myself but my elder sister is.... Welcome on board Nwamaka. Please come again.

      Delete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...