Friday 27 February 2015

BUSINESS IDEA LECTURE WITH JULIE.

Image result for Business ideas
Hello my beautiful people! How una dey today? How school, office, business and family? Hope no wahala? Okay. Today’s post is about the outcome of my business idea meeting with my friend Julie. Who is Julie you ask? Julie is that my friend I talked about in my e dey everywhere post. If you missed it read Here.
Let me summarise who Julie is…….. Julie is like every other person out there who wants to be their own boss, a business entrepreneur who has a starting capital, an empty shop/space in a nice location in a good site. However, she doesn’t exactly know what line of business to go into.

After lunch, I asked Julie to drive me around the location where her shop is and she obliged. I wanted to know more about the area so I observed keenly. I noticed the area is a new layout with mini estates and individual living homes, there are a few supermarket like shops here and there, a few boutique, mechanic garage, schools etc. for me something was lacking and so I asked her to stop the car.

Where is the market I asked? Hmmm it not too far from here but it’s 100 naira by taxi she replied. Yes I screamed!....... Julie you are going to start a mini market. Look at it this way my friend……… From my observation, it will be nice to have someone who sells garri, rice, corn, beans, crayfish, pepper, plantain, drinks, yam plus other groceries. Look it will also be nice to have a grinding machine here (me pointing at a corner) and at the end of the day, Julie your shop will be all about household essentials. Julie this place is perfect.

I went on to tell her to forget all the big big fence we were seeing that someone must always come to buy one thing or the other.  I told her someone must forget to buy pepper, salt, would want to grind something…… say tomatoes, pepper, corn for pap aka akamu, ogi etc. Julie remember NEPA nor dey always dey………. Sharon!!! Stop….. She hugged me, patted my shoulder and said “my friend, your brain dey work” Oya let’s get to work.

People!!! It’s been a little over six weeks since she started and my friend couldn’t be happier. She told me her highlight so far has been the fact that she has made a lot of friends and is seen by the estate women as an answer. And of course, her daily collection lol.
To you reading this, all I can say is for every invention ever made, there was a need. Look for that need and take advantage of it. If you are like Julie, I hope this helps.

Sharon xxx.




No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...