Thursday 18 June 2015

I AM RICH AND ABUNDANTLY BLESSED.

Image result for i am rich
Hello people.... how has your week been? It's been an amazing week for me so far I really can't complain. Last week, I had an interesting discussion with my baby sister when she came to stay with me at the hospital (I was on admission but am better now). Looking around us, the hospital environment, all the sick people both old and young, with various illnesses we couldn't help but appreciate God for how rich and blessed we are.

This write up is not about MONEY. It is about ME being rich with the quality of people around me. It's about having the right people step in for you at the all times.





















I had the time to reflect of my life and the people around me while on my hospital bed. At the end of the day, when you bear it all...... when all come crashing.... money, fame, health, job, status, class. When something befalls you good or bad or when life just happens to you...... Hmmm that is when you will know how rich, abundantly blessed, fortunate, loved  OR how lonely, deserted and poor you really are. In my case, I lack words to describe how loved, blessed and RICH I am with the kind of PEOPLE God has blessed me with. My friends, family and loved ones rock...... they are always there to love on me, hold my hands through what ever it is I am going through, they listen, give me their shoulders to cry on, I always have their support, they are my greatest cheerleaders, and you know what? I have them on speed dial any day any time.

So here is a little advice for you:

  • Make time for your family and friends. We live in an ever busy world.....work, school, church, personal projects......... busy busy buuusssyy. We find it very difficult to create time for others. Put a call through, visit, attend functions, be there even when you feel they don't need you. When you do, guess what?.......
  • Be a proper friend. No one is perfect that we all know so be proper friend to those around you. Proper friends are genuine and they do things properly.
  • Don't be selfish. Yes don't be selfish with your time, money, food, hugs...... be a giver!
  • Be a builder. Don't be one to tear down.... be all about oneness..... unity and peace.
  • Love people genuinely.
  • Be you.
  • Be known for something...... (Not negative of course) 
  • Stand for the truth always.
  • Don't trade your family and friends for your job because at the end of it all, ALL YOU'VE GOT IS FAMILY.
  • Be thankful for the people God has blessed you with.
  • Cherish every moment................
At the end of the day, life is give and take, sowing and reaping and all about seed time and harvest time. So how rich are you?
To everyone who reached out to me...... hugs, kisses and love.
Sharonxxx.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you are fine now. You know periods like the time you spent in the hospital really puts us in a sober mood to reflect about life. Thanks for sharing your reflections and I must say they are really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Ugo yo are welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog brither. Like I said, family is everything.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! You were ill?! **Hits head with both hands.. How come i am just knowing?! **Talks to self... no more like Chastises Self.. "Duru you eeehhhnnnn.. You can be missing at important times shhhaaa.. na wa for Duru oh!" Mehn! I am sooooo crying in French and kneeling down and holding your wrapper begging for forgivenness kinda Sorry... How are you?! Hope you are feeling better?! Hope you are smiling?!

    Mehhhnnn Sharon with smile toh Sure.. I can so relate to this post.. I mean we never really know the value of what we have till we loose it.. Often time yeah.. we chase Wealth.. Fame and career so hard that we neglect the people and things that really matter.. we forget that Love is the main thing.. Nice one Bubba.. Thank GOD you are better now.. Please dont sickie sickie again oh! **Wears Childish smile..

    So this line got me the most Dear Sharpn:

    "Don't trade your family and friends for your job because at the end of it all, ALL YOU'VE GOT IS FAMILY" and to it the crowd goes Yyyyeaaaaahh mehn! Cheers Bubba... I am sorry.. I didnt know.. **Drops head in sadness..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duru bea my blog brother that crack me up always. thanks for stopping by dear.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful and positive thoughts indeed. Hope you are fully recovered, best wishes always. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...