Saturday 18 October 2014

NIGERIANS AND PROTECTORS!!!



Hey people, hope everyone is doing good? As for me, I dey fine but first I need to rant about this our protector issue paining me...... Two days ago, I visited a relative of mine at his new apartment (he just moved house) I noticed that there were no iron protectors on the windows and doors in his flat..... Waoo.... I screamed. He turned and asked me what that was all about? I said this is the first apartment I am visiting in a very long time I am an apartment like this, in this in naija without iron protectors in it's windows and doors. 
His reply shocked me...... He said he noticed it too oo and is considering fixing it to protect himself against "the intruder" in his words. This got me thinking as I read the other day here about a house fire that killed a pastor's wife and four children "tragic"? yeah right. Sad is an understatement as at least one person if not all five of them would have been saved if there were no "PROTECTIVE IRON WORKS"  according to the newspaper, an eyewitness has this to say. "The windows and the doors were all guarded with protectors, it was difficult to go through if not, we would have broken through to rescue them" 

This got me thinking. like really how much of ourselves do we really think we can protect? do we just think of "the intruder" only and not ourselves as well? what happens to the word EXIT in case of an emergency?........There is hardly any house/apartment in Nigeria you will not find protectors. I am not saying we should not be cautious and safety minded against thieves, burglars, robbers and oh!!! intruders in general.... In all of this securityness, we should also think of ways of escape for ourselves, family and loved ones in case of any emergency.

Nigerians are more concerned about protecting themselves from the "enemy" outside than those inside. A lot of women and children have died in situations they could have ordinarily escaped from due to their overly protected homes. Some homes have only one exit that also serves as the entrance. I wonder what will happen if say...... fire starts from the entrance???? hmmmm did I just hear you say GOD FORBID???

Nigerian!!! even as we protect ourselves from "Intruders", let's not forget to protect ourselves from ourselves......... At the end of the day, a secure and guaranteed security, is only from the man above.

Share your protector story!!!

Sharon xxx...

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...