Tuesday 14 October 2014

HUNTED??? NAA NO MORE.....



Hey Fam!!!, how are you all doing today? Ok I found this quote on Google+ today and decided to make a post of it. Ghost of yesterday or from the past can be used to explain a good or bad experience an individual may have had in the past. It could also mean something or someone from your past that have suddenly re-appeared into your life, bringing joy or less than a joyful memories with it. However, often a lot of people use it as a negative connotation when describing a bad experience.

I have been experiencing something of late and after seeing this quote, I decided to take a stand..... which is, to either remain fearful of what has happened or confront my fears (The Ghost) in this case. I was robbed of some money on the 24th of September..... just last month ooo..... I can't really explain how it all happened because it happened in a flash I won't go into further details. Ever since, I get really nervous and I have a panic attack going into a bank. I also take a different route just to avoid passing through the spot where it happened. The sad thing about it is that it happened on a very popular road in Port-harcourt ....and ....hmmmmm it is very hard to avoid. 

Today, I was telling myself to be still while on a cab on that same road closing my eyes so as not to see that very sad spot. This is what fear does to people. Fear of the past can hold you bound for a very long time without you realizing it. fear is very dangerous as it will dictate your current live and future. You may think you are only being cautious and smart NO your not fear only recreates the event over and over again leaving you on the same sad spot. Fear message to you is that ..."watch out it's going to happen again".... this will become your experience because your mind is focused on it.

GET PAST YOUR FEARS BY:
  • Consciously attaching the fear thoughts...... Replace evil with good yes!!! If you can think evil, you can think good.
  • Be clear about what you are afraid of and call it out.... speak to it; name it and command it to leave.
  • Forgive yourself. I have blamed myself for almost a month now since that incident..... The feeling of guilt alone can kill you faster than you think as it affects your health and wellbeing. Forgive yourself and create a new reality in your present and future. Forgiveness is a life changing practice. So, let go of the past.   
  • Let peace reign in you and within you. Prayer and meditation to me is the easiest way to regain peace. Just close your eyes and take a deep breath.
                        "Fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out"....
                                                                Karl Augustus Menninger


         I am no longer hunted by fear because fear: is false evidence appearing real.
Sharon xxx

Photo Credit: Light Maker.

2 comments:

  1. **sigh** Mami...I am soo sorry eh...buh I think all the points you listed are amazing....and I am glad you are no longer hunted by it.....buh mami....I think anytime you pass that road you should smile....why?...you were robbed of your money...not of your life....mami...that is alot....I am soo happy for you mami.....**waves**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks T baby. I will do exactly as you've said because indeed, God saved my life that day and till date, I still can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...