Saturday 29 November 2014

MY HOME ECONOMICS TEACHER...... MRS IKPO!!!


Hiya people!!! how una dey today? So today I took a trip down memory lane as I was doing some house chores. Hmmm I remembered my Home economics teacher!!! hehehe her name is Mrs Ikpo..... (not a joke ooo so please don't laugh because that is her real name) how many of you still remember your teachers, what you learnt from them not to talk of their names hehehe.
Okey!!! she taught me for two years... frome JS3 to SS1 and in fact I would say God brought her into my life timely as I got to learn so much from her ..... she was at the time awesome. She taught us from our textbooks theory and took her time to practice things with us.... I learnt a lot from her.... From her step by step teaching on how to shower as as a woman, to how to care for my hair, cook, bake, cut my nails and gbo ti gbo.... 


Hmmm God bless mrs Ikpo for me where ever she is today. I was 13 years old at the time in an all girls secondary school in port-harcourt (Orominike girls a.k.a. Orumscoversity) hehehe *claps hands and looks up* hmmm I know what's on your mind..... what about your mum? Hmmm my mum have always been in my life and still is but when you are a stubborn child mama's teachings and advice won't appeal to you at a particular stage in your life.... and that was me at 13 up to my young adulthood. 

So back to story!!! Mrs Ikpo too her time to teach us whole lot most mothers never had the time to share with their daughters or perhaps would NEVER have dared to share. Now am a woman, an independent one for that matter. One who have a lot of planning to do in her life as an adult and now applying the teaches of my dearest Mrs Ikpo is just amazing and priceless. I paused several times today just to relieve and reminiscence on those moments shared with her in the lab..... All I can say is it's AMAZING how fast I have grown. WOW!!!

I remember her teaching me how to take care of myself when menstruating, sew, knit and draw..... The first Apron I ever used in the kitchen I made it myself...... I knitted our first wool television cover...... There is so much more to say about her..... But all I can say is God please bless Mrs Ikpo. I do wonder sometimes if we still have passionate teachers in our schools today. Those who are ready to sacrifice their time, energy and skill to look after other people's kids..... I mean teachers who truly LOVE and are PASSIONATE about their job. 

She was my favourite teacher during my secondary school days...... she was exceptional..... do you remember whom yours was/is? Do you have that one teacher you pay attention to listen to? the crazy, loving, beautiful and encouraging one all in one package?

Wherever you are Mrs Ikpo I love you...... you did a great job for me and my classmates back then @ ***Oromscoversity*** I  can beat my chest and say I TURNED OUT WELL!!!

Sharon xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...