Friday 21 November 2014

I MOVED HOME!!!! YEAH!!!




Hey fam!!! How you doing people? So the gist today is that I moved home... YES... I did!!! Guys see eh!! there is a stage one will get to in life and you just have to stay/live on your own. I had to look for an apartment of my own after I have stayed with my family for a while. Hmmm truth is nobody will tell you it's time to move on. 

I was very comfortable at my parent's and sisters house BUT??? I needed to stay alone cos I do have dreams and a lot of things I need to achieve within a stipulated time frame. So for me to be focused, I knew it was time to go. After I recovered, I started house hunting. Before that, I drew up a list of what I wanted in any property I will be looking at. It's a short list based on my key priorities.   


As a person living with a disability it is difficult to find an apartment that will suit every of my needs. I know that it is very easy to be led by my heart but it is also very paramount to make sure that the apartment I will be making offer on works on a practical level too. 

I basically considered the things most important to me:- 

  • The home and it's location.
  • Accessibility in terms of connecting roads
  • Are shops and services nearby?
  • People/neighbors
  • Pollution..... be it Noise, waste, too many generators, churches, fumes.....
  • How lively or quiet the area is 
  • Property condition/maintenance
  • Electricity availability a.k.a NEPA!!! 
  • Water
  • Security.... AND.....
  • Price of course!!! 

I know what your thinking hehehe... I know it is hard to get all my requirements in one place but trust me; the list worked. It helped guide me in my search and I can say I did good. I found myself a very nice place. It's even a virgin house so I get to be the first to live in it yeah..... I have moved in and am enjoying it already. 

VIEWING TIPS FOR YOU....

  • Go for viewing in the daylight and at night.... for observation sake.
  • If interested, view at different times.... you will see stuff every time you view.
  • Try to scale how mush work you will need to do (if need be in terms of improvement/ decorating).
  • How much will it cost you if you need to fix any thing to your taste......
  • Don't make an offer until you have compared prices from home within the area.
  • Get to see and familiarize yourself with your landlord.
  • Search your heart..... what does it say?
  • If satisfied, make an offer.

Remember, you can't fix everything in a day. it's your apartment/house so it will take a while to come together as you have desired or imagined. Always ask for help when moving, cleaning, shopping and decorating. You can't do it all...... 

I hope this helps if you are moving or relocating...... Happy moving while I focus, dream, think, implement and CHILAX......

Sharon xxx... 


1 comment:

  1. Oshey! Boss! Ah! Eezz not a joking things sam sam eh! Ya a big geh someboRRy oh! While some of us are still eating Mama Thank you and Skipping house Rent.. You went and took the big Leap abi Jump sef! Weldone Bubba.. This was an insightful read oh!

    On my List of all the things my Dream geh. no Sorry! Dream, House :) must have ehnn! Number 1 loke loke is plenRRy plenRRy of NEPA oh! if possible sef.. Onthe street should be a Tiop man someboRRy in NEPA.. Because Omolomo (I) cannot come and goan finish my Tintinli salary lori Fuel;.. hehehe How are you Bubba?! We miss you eh Sharon!

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...