Thursday 20 November 2014

MALARIA KILLS!!! YES IT DOES.



Hi beautiful people.... how una dey? I am so sorry for being absent for too long. see eh it was never my intention. anyway, am here now and I am back by the grace of God. Haba I really missed this space!!!! chei... So you all know I had malaria right? hmmmm it was not easy ooo but I tell you guys that shit called malaria can kill somebody just like that if care is not taken. So here is the thing, a few weeks after I returned from the UK.... just a few weeks ooo I started to feel sick small small... hehehe I quickly attributed it to change of environment not knowing that the signs I was having were that of MALARIA.
Hmmm my mum suggested I treat malaria but I said ha mummy!!! now now na him malaria go attach me? Nooo it's the environment. Hmmm my friends, with time I was no longer getting myself.... it was beginning to turn into another thing. To be honest, at some point I was scared to visit the hospital coupled with this Ebola shit around.... you know naa lol. 

Finally I went to a diagnostic center and lo and behold!!!! it was malaria parasite!!! The thing get grade no be small..... I was placed on medication for a few weeks and I am fine and strong now... So lets go!!! hahaha.

To my friends, it doesn't matter whether you have been in this country for years or you just flew in, if you have the signs P..L..E..A..S..E do not ignore them at all. visit a good hospital or a good diagnostic center and get yourself tested. Malaria can graduate from one level to another oo and if ignored, it can be fatal.

CAUSES OF MALARIA:
Malaria is caused by a type of parasite known as plasmodium and there are many different types of it. It is however passed on to human when an infected mosquito bites a human, it passes the  parasite into the bloodstream.

SIGNS AND  SYMPTOMS OF MALARIA:

  • Muscle pains
  • High temperature (fever)
  • Vomiting
  • Headaches
  • Chills and sweat..... The list can go on..

Malaria is a tropical disease and you know already that Nigeria is one of those countries that are prone with mosquitoes. Remember, a single mosquito bite is all it takes to be infected with malaria.
Go for regular checks.... be healthy, stay healthy...
I hope this helps

Sharon xxx

2 comments:

  1. **screaming** And she is back!...Yihooo!....Uhhh I can imagine how sick you were...**sad face**...I think normally, soon as I feel a headache, I rest....until it probably becomes something else......I am just happy you are doing okay mami....Take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW I MISSSSS YOU SCATTER MAAAMIIII LOVE YOU BABE.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...