Friday 4 March 2016

I am not COOL....... can I be your friend?

Hi guys! Friendship unlike family relationships are unique. We enter into them consciously, unlike voluntary bond relationships like romantic and marriage relationships, friendship lack structure. Friendship relationships are very important to people because our lives and well-being depend on the people we have around us most of the time.  Although friendship and the people in it change with age and  status sometimes, there is a level of consistency when it comes to what from each other.

In my case, I have always had problem keeping certain friends people in my life. I get told sometimes (especially in my teen days) that I wasn't cool enough. I know that I am not straight when I work, my face for the most part of my day is not on fleek, I don't live in a push neighborhood neither do I drive a push car (I no even get keke) but in all does all of this really matter?
I've come to realise that when it comes to friendship relationships, people want and place emphasis on different things these days. Social media has not made it easy either. In our various handles, we
become too selective and superficial in choosing whom to be friends with (It is okay to choose but choose right). I am okay with choosing so long as it goes beyond all "things physical". For me I think of quality first when making friendship decision.

It is more important for me to have a group of great friends who are willing and ready to support me. I know that friends will come and go in our lives but when choosing, choose a friend that will love you for who you are. There is no one way to pinpoint what makes a good friend but you sure can tell by looking at there actions - the big and small actions, their reactions to issues and generally how they treat other people around them.

I have been told 'I am not cool' a couple of times...... I get where the person was coming from judging from the way they examine me physically. I am a great friend to my handful of friends. Friends who chose to look beyond everything else but my heart and soul and oh! some have moved up to become family.
Your friendship with anyone doesn't just have to be about how 'COOL' they are but how positively they will influence and affect your life. Don't forget to put valid VALUE on things that matter.
Choosing a friend can be a hard decision but when you choose the right one....... irrespective of how they look, what they have, social class etc. you will be in for a beautiful ride.
If you have good friends, hold on to them, love and appreciate them and never take them for granted.
I'm still not cool...... can I be friends with you?

Sharonxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...