Friday 18 March 2016

Dreams don't really die..... We only give up on them

The pursuit of our personal dreams for our lives, family, business, career, job, children, passion etc. can be tiring and as time goes on. Some people begin to fall, loose interest and eventually give up if they don't quite get to every stage of their dream. However, only a few get up, go back to the drawing board and start again.
Do you remember your childhood dream(s)? the one about being a Doctor, an Engineer. a Lawyer, A
Fireman, a Teacher etc. How many of you are really living your dream? How many gave up on the way? Well I do remember mine.......... I remember watching the Network news every 9:00pm with my family as a child.
The most exciting aspect of the news for me is usually when Cyril Stober comes up. I love love the way he introduces himself. He would say ( Good evening and welcome to the network news I am Cyril Stober) I would always introduce myself along with him putting my name there if you know what I mean........ lol     

My name is SharonIfeoma and this is Sharing life with Sharon.......
I loved how I used to feel and I remember telling myself  that I will become a TV personality one day and OH boy! it has been a very long journey. You see I have not had it smooth at all. I have tried working in TV houses but naaaaa it didn't work. I did not get past the gate (enough to make me drop the dream) but I kept pressing. 
I told myself one thing, if I can't get to work in a TV house, I will create one for myself (after all, TV show na TV show so long as there is a message and people get to watch you do your thing and love it) and truth be told, it has been quite a journey and here we are.

Camera....... Lights ........ Action.
I have had every reason to quit from lack of funds, to lack of equipments, zero encouragement, to self doubt etc name it. Hmmmm in all here I am with virtually all I need, in my own space shooting my very own TV SHOW!!! 
I have this amazing dream, a message that will inspire, motivate and encourage a lot of people...... My show is unique in it's way. It is the kind of show that targets real people .... people who understand what it means to live in a perfectly imperfect world. 
I see this as my calling and I am following it with everything in me. In this new territory of mine, I am the QUEEN and I am allowed to say my mind because I am 'NOT' following the 'CROWD'.
I have a dream that is bigger than me...... I also know that I have a bigger God and in Him all grace abound and in this knowing, I WILL SOAR.
What is that dream in your heart? Would your life be better if you gave up on your dreams? How much efforts have you put in?  Is fear holding you back? How passionate are you about your dream? Who are your mentors?  What motivates you? How much do you pray about it? ............ 
I understand that people grow and change and so does their outlook to life. I also know that dreams change too as we grow but the kind of dream I am talking about is the kind that keeps you up at night. The one that has needs to meet and one in which we find fulfilment of purpose pursuing.
Irrespective of what your dreams are, change tactics, strategy and patterns if you must but DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS. 

Watch out for my videos!!! 

Have a great weekend....... I love you for stopping by and I will see you in my next post. 

Sharonxxx


1 comment:

  1. **Singing.. Go Sharon! Go Sharon Gooooo!!!! You go gurll! :) Oluwa gats you my Darling! Just keep keeping on! This was a very inspiring read.. Weldone Nne.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...