Sunday 21 September 2014

INTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY..... LET PEACE PREVAIL.




Today the 21st of September is world peace day which was established in the year 1981. Each year, the international day of peace is observed around the world. The United Nations General Assembly declared this day as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace around the world, both within and around all nations and people. 

World peace begins with you and me. Let's not be distracted by the conflicts, revolutions and war we see in the world today. Let's be peace makers and keepers, let's educate and promote peace wherever we find ourselves. Let peace prevail on earth.

      "On this international day, let us promise to make peace not just a priority,but a passion. Let us pledge to do more, wherever we are in whatever way we can, to make everyday a day of peace" -UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

I stand for PEACE!!!.


Sharon xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...