Monday 22 September 2014

SAVE YOUR CHILD AND YOU THE AGONY......


Hey people, hope you all had a wonderful day today? As for me, I still can't believe what I saw today!!! People do you know that polio disease is still very much around in this part of the world? Well I saw a case today and it reminded me of myself. Hmmm with all the informations we have around I still can't believe that some parents still find it difficult to take their children for immunization.

Every parent want what’s best for their children, they can go the extra mile to provide food, clothing, shelter as well as keeping their kids safe. Parents know about the importance of car seats, baby gates and other ways to keep children safe. It is sad to know that even in today’s generation most parents don’t know that one of the best gift or best ways to protect their children is to ensure that they have all their vaccinations.

I still cannot fathom why some parent still don’t get their children vaccinated. With the amount of information, drugs and awareness there is today on immunization, parents have no excuse whatsoever not to inoculate their children.  Looking back at my childhood today; I frown at my parent’s ignorance and the lack of information and awareness about the importance of vaccines to children. My parents love and care for me and they would have done absolutely anything to protect me against poliomyelitis and its effects had my parents been informed/educated on the disease.  I am sure this can be said for many other parents who have children living with the effect(s) of polio and other diseases.
Immunization is very important not just to your child but to other people around. Listed below are some of the importances of vaccination.
  •       Vaccines have expansive reach: They protect individuals, community and the entire populations against various diseases.
  •      Vaccines promote health: By removing major obstacles to human development, they help people stay healthy unlike many other health interventions.
  •         Vaccines can save your child’s life: Your child can be protected against more diseases than ever before. Diseases that could ordinarily cause death and paralysis across the country.
  •          Vaccines can save you cost: Getting vaccinated against these diseases is a good investment and usually covered by insurance. The Vaccines for Children program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children. In contrast, Some vaccine-preventable diseases can result in prolonged disabilities and can take a financial toll because of medical bills,  lost time at work, or long-term disability care.
There are so many more benefits of immunization but I will stop here for now. The child I saw today is around 3yrs old and am already scared for him. I am scared for his future in a society that does not pay much attention to people like us, his time at school, bullies, his teenage years, his dreams and a lot more.......... Parents, guardians, friends, relatives, neighbors...... please spread the word....... IMMUNISE YOUR CHILD TODAY....

Sharon xxx.

2 comments:

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...