Saturday 27 September 2014

PICKIN, CHILD AND ISSUES!!!..... WHICH ONE YOU BE?



I found this interesting piece on comedian Alibaba's Facebook wall. Please read, state the category you fall in and enjoy.......

This morning, at about 6:05am, my 6yr old stunned us. She crawled into our bed and just as she was settling in, the intercom rang. She was nearer the phone so she picked. After listening for like 10 seconds, to who was on the other side, her mum and I looked at each other. We knew her Nanny must have told her to come have her bath. So I asked, who was that... "The line was not clear".
C'mon VAVAVOOM, was that not Auntie AMARACHI calling you to have your bath?
"So two of you were eavesdropping?"
"C'mon! Go and have your bath!" Was the reply I gave her.
She left. Heads bowed and grumbling. I think I picked somethi like "it's not fair"... Not sure though
Just when her mum and I started talking about how children these days get begged to go to school, she sauntered in again... This time her mumblings were more audible.
"I don't like how I am being treated in this house" she complained. It was still dark, so I couldn't tell if she dropped a tear... Because her voice had all the symptoms of a good cry in the making.
Okay.. What happened?
"Auntie Amarachi always wants me to do what she says!" Yeeeeeen. I told you I saw a cry coming.
"DONT mind her. That's how she likes stressing you. You just go have a bath. I will deal with her..."
"But she does it all the time and you always say you will deal..." I didn't let her finish.
"GUESS WHAT?" I said in my best daddy voice...
"What?" She asked. Her voice was strong now. No trace of tearing.
"Go have your bath and I will take you to school."
That was when she dropped the bomb!
"Daddy noooo. You are only saying you will take me to school because you know that, I will do anything just to make you take me to school!"
And she is just 6yrs!
Wait let me think of when I had this kind of conversation with my dad... No. Scratch that. Because I never did. Because if I did, I won't be here writing about it. RIP.
Conversation Kwa!!! It's either Q & A, or you are being dictated to...
Anyway, I won't say I pity us children of the 60s & 70s... I will only say we were not fairly treated. In fact, we need reparation. Serious compensation.Do you know how many children would have died and gone if the attitude these kids exhibit these days were attempted back then? Mind you, I chose my words carefully. I said attempted... Because we would not have succeeded.
Nevertheless, I must say, maybe that is why, we did not turn out so bad... Just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...