Wednesday 18 March 2015

WELCOME TO SHARON'S KITCHEN!!! PLANTAIN + SWEET POTATO POTTAGE.

Hey people! How has your week been? mine has been hectic a busy one I must say. Now to the gist........ Yesterday I got back home feeling very hungry. I looked around to see if there is any ready made food but there was none....... absolutely NONE. Okay what next I thought to myself ** looking around my kitchen*** Shines teeth lol. I had some raw food but was too tired or perhaps, too lazy to cook anything from scratch. After deliberating for a while with myself ofcourse lol, I decide to go on an adventure with some of the food items I have in store. I checked and discovered I already have all the ingredients I would need to make a pot of plantain pottage. 
I choose plantain (half ripe), I added a little sweet potatoes just to sweeten things up, dried fish (a gift from my Bayelsa friend), salt, stock cubes, pepper, onion, scent leave (from mama's farm lol), crayfish and palm oil. and the rest they say is history.

I added sweet potato to it. small tho.

Wash, debone your dried fish and scatter.

Mama's dried scent leave.

Mixture boiling away.

I did not add the yam ooo. just the plantain and potato

Finished product!!!! wash it down with cold water and rest your case.
Moral lesson! I think sometimes we don't always have to rush of to the market to buy stuff. look around you may probably have all you need to pull out a great 'sharp sharp dish'. When you visit home, don't reject or form to carry goodies given to you by your mama......... 'they know we NEED these little home grown food'. 

Oya o  over to you..... share your kitchen adventure with me. DOn't forget that concoctions are good sometimes.

Sharonxxx.
  

2 comments:

  1. You don't want to know how I prepare what my friend would call "Biafran Rice"... lol. Provided it is palatable, it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah..... the surprising thing is that this unplanned, unorganised, fast adventure foods always turn out right.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...