Tuesday 16 February 2016

My Valentine weekend and more!

Hello everyone, how is everyone doing? How did it go? I mean your valentine weekend.  2016 Valentine's day fell on a Sunday as we all know however, some persons already started their celebration scheduled their weekend from Friday with Le boo..... Okay here's how mine went down.
On Saturday, I went for a mentoring session with a lady called Joyce Daniels (you might want to google her name) I was invited to. I got to the venue very early 7:12am (I love to be early) not knowing what to expect to be honest. One thing I did go with was an open mind knowing that it was going to turn out good.
Joyce Daniel
The gate was opened for me and I walked into this beautiful house, and I looked into the living room and saw Joyce arranging the seats. She said hello to me and we exchanged pleasantries....... she was soft spoken and nice. I sat down in the living room alone, the spirit was right and I felt at peace ( I always observe how I feel a new environment... If the spirit doesn't feel right, I will leave or perhaps not return there) and I settled in. 
We prayed and the session began..... I listened to Joyce keenly and made notes.  She generally spoke on a lot of things from talents.... dreams... passion.... value... to pursuing and living a purposeful live with the gifts and talents God has given us.


I ill like to surmise some of the things she said in bullet points below



  • You will suffer for what you really want in life: I like the fact that she did not sugarcoat the fact that for you to want something or a LIFE, you will suffer to get it. It doesn't come on a platter of gold. Yo must work for the things you want.
  • You must own what you do and DO it with dignity: You own nobody no explanation so stop defending what you do. i.e If you are a taxi driver, own it and do it with dignity it doesn't matter whether you are a graduate or not. Be proud of your job.
  • Never take decisions based on other people's actions, make decisions based on your value system. The word here is VALUE! strive to add value daily to other people's live.
  • Focus on your strengths; that's what the world will know you for.
  • You will be unforgettable if you work to add VALUE and not MONEY.
  • Don't live above your means 'IF' you have an empire to build. 
  • The best form of advertisement is " GOOD PERFORMANCE" Always leave a positive mark.
  • Celebrate people's strengths NOT their weaknesses. World famous and renowned personalities are known for their strengths and not their weaknesses......... Serena Williams Messi, Kanu Nwankwo etc are now for spots, Linda Ikeji, Perez Hilton..... are bloggers etc. the list goes on.
  • If you are multi talented, schedule/plan your talents
  • Find a mentor who is accessible to you. Read and apply their materials.
  • In pursuing your passion, DON'T take GOD for granted..... DON'T get too familiar with Him for God is all knowing.
THREE THINGS TO GUIDE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY
  • Where are you going?
  • Who are you going with?
  • What do you need to get there?
Finally, don't just do what you are not passionate about and in your time of confusion, seek the right counselors.
Question time
We asked questions, socialized and networked.


With the ladies

With the gentle men

Me and Joyce

I won a novel Titled; Vulnerable Chronicles by Ebidenyefa T. Nilade.
I went shopping later on in the day......I got to my sister's house tired and HUNGRY!!! however, I had a meal I haven't had in ages..... it's called "Ukwa" I don't know the English name jare..... Oh I think it's called 'oil bean' or something. Please correct me if am wrong.

Sunday the 14th, Hmmm I went to church......... got home ......... and SLEPT........ YEA I hugged my pillows and SLEPT.
That is the end of my Valentine weekend. 
How was yours? What happened on the day? please gist us.

Kisses Sharonxxx

2 comments:

  1. A well spent day with beautiful pictures of beautiful people to tell the story... I am sure your where inspired.
    Hehehee... The English name for Ukwa is Breadfruit - now you know.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks Ugo. "Breadfruit"

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...