Friday 26 February 2016

Showing off my legs finally!!!




Hello everyone hope you all are doing good? Thank God it's Friday yay!!!. Ever wondered how odd, nerve racking, anxious and nervous you feel each time you want to try out new things? like showing off a part of your body you are not so comfortable with. This was my problem. I have hidden away my legs for years..... yes because I didn't want them out and I din't like the way they looked. You won't catch me wearing certain clothes out (Like the one I am wearing in the pix).
As I've grown, I have also learnt to love myself better, accept and embrace every part of my body just the way God has made me. I used to focus on the negative part of my body in the past and that made me hate my body so much. I didn't like the shape of my body (especially from waist down), I hated shopping for clothes and shoes as it comes with a lot of frustration. In my eyes, nothing I wear seems to fit or sit nicely in place. The shape on my right side usually brings tears to my eyes every time I looked in the mirror. 
People around me will always tell me how beautiful I am hmmmmm it's sad that in my eyes, I only see my flaws...... no beauty just flaws. With all of this in my head comes low self esteem, anxiety and body image issues. I used to focus so much on the things that went wrong and negative that I forget to appreciate all the positives in my life.
Hey!! That girl with such mentality is gone.... Yes GONE. I am a better person now. It took me a long while to get to where I am now but hey, I made it and that's all that matters. For me to wear a short dress, take a picture of myself in it and put on the internet for millions of people to see is a huge achievement for me and there is no going back.
I have also made a conscious decision to always see myself beautiful. I am more appreciative and grateful for the things I have. I now understand that life can be wonderful if you let it and I am grateful for my health, family, friends and anything else that fulfills my life and makes me happy. I also appreciate the fact that my strengths and weaknesses are a part of my life process and it's okay.
Remember, our struggles will always be there (flaws, scars, fears, pain, anxiety .....) but if we learn to focus on the positives, it will render the negatives less important. Our scars, flaws and imperfections are what makes life beautiful.
Embrace your God given package.

Sharonxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...