Tuesday 19 April 2016

My Fuel scarcity experience


Hey people! How is YOU? (in Jenifa's voice)

I wan't to share my experience(s) so far on the issue of fuel scarcity in our nation. By now, I am sure everyone has a story to tell. It doesn't matter whether you are a car owner, generator owner, leggedis benz owner, student, business man/woman, bus driver, bus conductor etc. Whatever your status, you sure do have a story to tell.

Since the fuel scarcity began, I have had to increase my transportation money by a large percentage. I don't drive at the moment so to avoid unnecessary quarrels and fights with bus conductor and drivers.
Secondly, I also formed the habit of asking the driver / conductor how much my fair is before boarding.

STORY 1. 

I boarded a bus going to Air force from somewhere in Eleme on a beautiful Saturday morning. The following conversation ensued between me and the conductor.

Me: Conductor I dey go Air force junction how much?
Conductor: Madame enter motor make we go
Me: I no go enter if you no tell me how much
Conductor: Abeg enter na normal price
Me: Wetin be normal price? your normal price fit no be my normal price oo? Na #200 I hol oo
Conductor: Enter make we go.

When we got oil meal bus stop, he started collecting money. I gave him #500 and asked for my change. This is where the trouble began.

Me: conductor give me my change
Conductor; Abeg take your change (Handing me #250 change)
Me: watin be this? abeg complete my change jor
Conductor: Madam na your change be that abeg you no no say fuel na #250 per liter?
Passengers 1: O boy e be like say you dey mad. we dey here when you ask her to enter common give her her change now idiot. she even add #50 for you you no happy.
Passenger 2: I no go pay you if you no give her her complete change. na now you no say fuel don add money.
Me: you forget say na Air force I dey go? Army people go flog you today if you no give me my change.

When we got to the bus stop, he quietly gave me my #300 and I walked away.

STORY 2.

On my way back home on Sunday, I boarded another bus going to Eleme from Air force junction.

Me: Conductor coca cola bus stop how much?
Conductor: silence................. then he went enter motor abeg
Me: na #200 I hol oo
Driver: no wahala enter motor make we dey go

When we got to refinery bus stop I asked for my change (this is like the 10th time I had done that)

Conductor: Wait naa I go give you your change we never rich your bus stop.
Me: That game wey you wan play, I sabi am well well pass you
Conductor: (busy laughing sheepishly) no be change? I go give you
Me: Driver bus stop dey oo
Driver: pulls over ..... oya come down
Conductor: take your change
Me: e never complete oya complete am (at this point, I was holding the door)
Driver: Woman I go move this motor oo
Me: move the motor naa who hol you?
Driver: conductor abeg give her her change make she carry her wahala go. I know her type

I was given my complete change and i allowed them to go. I have more stories to tell but let's leave it at this. However, I have a new method I use and that is having my change handy for every journey I am making. If it is #200 I will have handy and ready to pay so as to avoid wahala.

While I feel sorry for the drivers out there, I am also feeling sorry for myself too because come to think of it, fuel prices have increased but salary remains where it is. It is even more annoying that they have removed the small small allowances, bonus and overtime that comes with it *big long sigh*. NEPA a.k.a PHCN only know how to flash light, I spend more money eating out because there is no light to preserve my food. To make matters worse, I will still pay electricity bill that I did not use plus buy fuel for my generator on top. I don tire as in TIRE!!!

This situation is tough on everybody already. Everybody is angry right now and are very much ready to exchange blows on to #50.

What is your #fuel scarcity story? How long did you have to queue for before you got fuel? How is the light situation in your area? Did you beat conductor abi na conductor beat you? Please share.


Sharonxxx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm... Sha-sha. Your story na like Soap Opera.
    Cheeeeiiiii... Na me i trek with dignity. No be my fault - Na FUEL SCARCITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abi oo. This is even the best time to trek and make excuses lol.

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...