Tuesday 30 December 2014

MY 2015 TARGET....


Hey fam!!!! how are you guys doing today? hope your day wasn't so busy....... me? I had a pretty busy day.. uhmmm!! I think I did my last shopping for the year today, I cleaned, cleared out and also did some washing too. Okay I do have a confession just a little... I got a little help lol... my kid sis "B" was around so she helped me with a few stuff. That said!! while I was doing some chores, I kept thinking about some of the things I really would love to do come 2015.
I am very sure a lot of you have plans, goals, aspirations, visions and targets for the new year. Some of these dreams, you actually do not know how to go about them neither do you understand them totally. You are not alone!!! So one of my targets for 2015 is to do counselling as much as possible. I have counselled a lot of people over the years (mostly teenagers and young adults) on different issues they face and I loved it. I loved the experience, the fact that I could be trusted with sensitive informations and the confidence they have developed in me.

In 2015, I have decided to take things a little further. I want to reach out to people like me who live with a physical disability, medical conditions and those who battle with various health issues. It's about sharing my experience as a disabled person, encouraging, motivating and inspiring others. I know that counselling can be an extremely useful tool in helping others grow, cope and change for the better. Well, that is one of the reasons why this blog was born in the first place.

Disability issues are often ignored in our society. we already know that issues around disability and medical conditions people live with are never addressed. A lot of people have gone into their shell, feeling left out, beclouded with self pity, lacking confidence and excluded because of their disability or condition. I intend to help people achieve their full potential, live life to the full, be whatever they want to be, succeed and thrive irrespective of their location and what their disability is.

In 2015, I want to provide a service tailored with a deep understanding of disability. A service rendered by a disabled person for disabled people. I want to offer support for disabled people and their families because I do have a deeper understanding of what life is like with a disability.

My counselling services will provide individuals with a safe and confidential space to explore their feelings and thoughts. This service is open for all irrespective of where your personality, location, condition and status. This service offers face-to-face counselling, telephone counselling and workshops for professionals who are interested or wanting to learn more about disability. For now, charges do not apply however, I will keep you posted as we grow.... Lets do this.... Tell me how you feel

Please do me and email: sharonniphy@gmail.com 
Call me: +2348130025844

Sharon xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...