Friday 5 December 2014

MEET INSPIRATIONAL AND SENSATIONAL MS HABEN GIRMA!!!

Hey people, I can't see this and not share with you.... Haba!!! there are inspirational people in this world ooo hehehe... So today I decided to make a little research on a particular area that interests me and "BOOM" I saw this amazing video of Haben Girma. WOW!!! It might interest you to know that mis Haben here is blind and deaf.... she has what I would like to call "DD" double disability. However, she has not allowed any of her disability to stop her. She is a Harvard trained lawyer. She serves as a Skadden Fellowship Attorney at Disability Rights Advocates, a non-profit legal center dedicated to protecting the rights of persons with disability around the country America. She is honoured at the White House as a Champion of Change.


Please watch her AMAZING, INSPIRING, ENTERTAINING AND SENSATIONAL TEDx Talk. She described the works that she does as a pioneering public service lawyer. Haben also empowers students with various forms of disabilities to become better self advocates, teaching them to set high expectations. She challenges governments to improve access to education for students with learning differences and disabilities. Haben also challenges attitudes and culture around disability, and she is dedicated to advocating for the rights of persons living with disability.

Wow!!!! I have a lot of respect for you Haben... Keep doing the good work.... I am inspired and challenged your determination and courage. Good job Haben xxx

CULLED YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...