Thursday 18 December 2014

THIS COULD BE ANYONE.... YINKA AYEFELE'S STORY.


Hey fam!!! I know it's been a while.... sorry you know the season we are in right now eh? e no easy for me at all. Anyway, hope this post finds us all well. A few days ago (12th December to be precise) popular Yoruba singer/songwriter Yinka Ayefele shared photos of the car accident that crippled him. In his words, he said REJOICE AND THANK GOD WITH ME. The journey started 17 years ago, It was on Friday December 12th 1997. on my way to Abeokuta where I had that ghastly motor accident. it was indeed MY TURNING POINT. "ODUNMBAKU" I will forever be grateful to my Lord. He went further to thank his fans for their love, support and encouragement. when there is life there is hope he said. 
A lot of people may never understand what it means to find oneself in a situation one never thought one will find him/herself in. Yinka's case is one of such cases. Before the accident, he used to be an "able bodied man" one who used to run around and go about his business by himself...... and all of a sudden his entire world CHANGED.

Life... yes LIFE exactly happened to him..... We will always say God forbid it is not my portion.... Yes it is not!!! whose portion is it then? The truth is no one prays for an incident such as this to happen to them, but then again, welcome to life.... where most of the time we don't get to choose the kind of things that happens to us.


Like Yinka rightly said "my turning point" indeed it was a turning point in his life, a blessing in disguise, shaking that brought about change in his life, thinking, outlook, attitude and of course the people around him. Would he change anything if given the option to? I think I will leave that for Yinka to answer.

Moral Lesson: Life happens to people, it is no respecter of any person, status or circle. within a twinkle of an eye, your life can change either for the better OR??? Treat people no matter how they appear with love and respect, do your best to be more accommodating, change your attitude and finally, appreciate and be grateful for the things you have.

Let's all work towards a better and more inclusive society. Not every disabled man/woman was born that way...... Life happened to some of them.

Sharon xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...