Wednesday 31 December 2014

WHERE WILL YOU SPEND 31st NIGHT?

Hiya everyone.... I know by now many of you will be considering, arguing and deliberating with yourself, spouse, friends and family about where and how to spend 31st night. Here is the thing!!! a lot of things go down every 31st night. For some, it is the only time they get to go to church, open their bible and pray. For others, they will hit the club hard, do some bottles just to get high. While some will just sit back to complain, worry and wallow in regret. So I ask you my friend; where will you spend your new year eve?
In my opinion where you spend it and how you spend it really does matter. It does have a way of affecting how certain things turn out in the new year. You don't have to be in church like everyone YES YOU DON'T..... It can be in you little bedroom, living room with yourself, friends, family etc.... acknowledging Gods faithfulness, mercy, grace and just praying and reverencing the most high God. 


Last year, I didn't go to church. I sat on my bed and streamed live online. So you see if you ca't make it to church, technology have made things very easy for us all. you can connect with other believers right where you are. 

What I do every year is that I take two or three days before the new year to take stock of how the year went...... basically my activities, I fast, meditate and pray. Yes I do a lot of that..... In that mood, I do a lot of writing as well as inspiration comes..... Whatever I have written down, I will run with it through the year...... I revisit the write up from time to time as the year progresses (This is different from new year resolution...... I don't do new years resolution). This has worked for me over the years..... 

PLEASE DON'T SPEND YOUR 31st NIGHT 
  • In the club
  • Drinking, smoking and getting high
  • With someone elses wife/husband
  • In bed with your boyfriend/girlfriend
  • Worrying, complaining and regretting
  • Asking God why?
SPEND IT 
  • Dwelling on His word
  • In His sanctuary 
  • Praying, worshiping and meditating.......
Get  a word to run with in the new year..... Key into it and He will hear you....
Remember, it is the last night of the year. it can get really busy you have to be careful with your movements. Stay safe...... be safe..... HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE...... SEE YOU IN 2015..... Hugs and kisses. 

Sharon xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...