Tuesday 6 January 2015

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG?....

My sexy legs lol.....

 I get asked this question all the time. in fact, people started asking me this question since I was a child. An innocent child who was very naive and  ignorant of the fact that she even has a problem with her leg (Isn't it funny how people point certain things out to you? things you never knew existed in you?...) Let me tell you, I didn't get just this question from other kids in my neighbourhood, on the road and at school. I got zillions of them from mother's, fathers, full blown adults.
It wasn't just the questions at the time that used to annoy me, it was the attitude and the unnecessary pity that accompanied it. People!!!! I didn't know I had a problem with my leg until I got to primary four, It' a day I will never forget. It's one of those green memories we carry to our graves....... this one will be "FOREVER GREEN"..... this one na story for another day...lol


So after I get "that look" from my fans lol..... at least I can now call them my fans now, see all those drama as funny and laugh out loud when I remember those moments. When they are done looking, I mean my fans naa hehehe!!! Men, women, boys girls and even toddlers lol.... Then I will here ewooo see this fine girl ooo..... chei!!! bia nwam, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG? Then the crazy and annoying thing is that.... shebi you ask question, wait for reply naa..... Oh!!! why ebi sa na fine fine children this thing they happen to.... God why? "raising their hand up""" My pikin is it poison, accident, polio, injection or juju?  lol. 

Me standing!!!.....
My actions you ask? Hmmmm me I will just be looking at them like mumu naa because as far as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong with my leg. I see myself just like I see other kids, to me then, there was no difference. I was a very active child, who jumped half fence with other kids, played oga, swell, janglover etc just like other kids. 

At home, I wasn't treated any different, In fact mum made me do most of the house chores...... I always hear her tell me "na for leg e do you no be for brain" lol. So one faithful day after school, by now I was beginning to be aware that something was wrong with my leg, that day I was bullied at school like never before. I came back home in tears and torn uniform, I waited for my mum to return from the market, immediately I saw my mum coming I ran to her without saying welcome...... I asked her the big question mummy WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LEG?!!!

Her response  was epic..... that conversation between mother and daughter was deep...... it will be told in another post. You see at this point, I still didn't know what happened to my leg.

Sharon xxx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...