Monday 26 January 2015

WHY DO WE WORRY?...

Driving to school for my big final, and I am overwhelmed with fear. I have studied and studied, done all my homework and paid attention in class, yet I am worried what grade I will make.
I am trying to decide what career I will do after college. Where will I live? How much money will I make? Is that enough money? Will I love my job? Will I even like my job?

Does any of this sound familiar to you? These types of thoughts are actually normal in this world to many people because in the flesh we are designed to worry. We have to worry about us because if we aren’t thinking about tomorrow and the future for ourselves, who will? These used to be my justifications for being consumed with worry, anxiety, and fear about tomorrow. I used to choose to remember some of God’s promises but not them all. I didn’t think God had the time to think about little old me, so I would do Him a favour and just figure it all out myself. What I was neglecting was that God has each and every one of our perfect plans in His plans and He wants to do the thinking and the fixing, He wants to do the work for us! (And really all I did for God by ‘figuring’ it out myself was mess up His perfect plans) So if all this is true, why do we worry?

Matthew 11:30 For My yoke is easy and my burden is light.
First off, we totally underestimate God. God is in the business of making Kingdom-sized things happen for us. He wants us to have financial freedom, He wants us to have a perfect bill of health, He wants all of our relationships to work in harmony and peace, and He wants us to be so supremely happy in Him that we can’t even think of a thing to worry about. Have we forgotten that it is Finished? (John 19:30) And by ‘It’ Jesus meant everything. These promises made to us are gifts inside of our big gift of salvation. All of our needs for today are perfectly and abundantly met so why do we fear He won’t provide us with that tomorrow?
John 6:35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” These promises were made and still stand today; we are saved through grace by the blood of Jesus

Stop underestimating God, who has made you more than a conqueror through Him. (Romans 8:37) The one who sent His one and only son to die so that we may live. (John 3:16) Give God the reigns to your life and let Him work in you today. Cast out your fear, anxiety, and worry and Fix your eyes on God, His glory, and all the promises He has made us and you will see God-sized things start happening in your life!

His word is truth. We are so greatly Blessed, Highly Favoured, and Deeply Loved.

Be encouraged!!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...