Saturday 31 January 2015

FIVE YEARS AGO!!!

Wow it's five years already...... five solid years!!! Hmmm how time flies. Okay!! if you are wondering what this post is about lemme just jist you. Five years ago I said goodbye to my friend, brother, soulmate, fiance...... That was probably the most difficult time in my life. I never thought I would survive it. I guess when people say "love is not enough" I will concur!
Five years ago, I was a young adult with a university degree, having completed my NYSC and working as a young professional in one of the multinational companies in Port-harcourt and in a committed relationship with the man I love. What else can a girl ask for? I got one of the best birthday present any girl could ever ask for....... An engagement ring!!!

I was over the moon at the time. I couldn't wait to show off my engagement ring. As we progressed with marriage plans, a lot of things started to unravel..... It got to a point when I just had to have a meeting with myself. Hmmm I questioned a few things and couldn't help but ask ....... Sharon is thing what you really what? can you live with this and that aspect of this persons life? are you sure you want to do this? etc.......

Don't get me wrong, the person I was involved with was a good person........ we loved each other however, sometimes love isn't just enough in relationships..... especially if you are seeing someone with a visible disability like mine. Let me put this straight. If you are involved with someone (male or female) who is differently abled, you have to stoop to conquer YOURSELF, FAMILY and FRIENDS. People may not understand the kind of love that exists between you and your partner, they don't see what you see neither will they ever understand your reason for choosing the person you're with. All people see is the physical barrier. If you find yourself in this situation, you have to strike a balance between your relational live and your other lives. You really do not have anything to prove to anyone.

When I broke things off, I was broken. I felt like going back (we all do don't we?) I felt guilty for a very long time. I wanted to go ahead with the plans for the sake of what people will say and for society (thank God I didn't lol ). Please don't make a lifetime decision based on what people or society would think if it is not right for you.

When the burden became too much, I went to God...... I sorted things out in His presence..... there I gained wisdom on how to approach the Issue....... I had a heart to heart talk with my family letting them know my decision....... and the rest they say is history. 

My God is faithful!!! Looking back, I have laughed more that I cried..... I have achieved things I never thought I would achieve...... travelled and being to places I never imagined. If you are reading this and wearing the shoes I wore five years ago, there is more to life than you ever know. Broken yes...... cry if you must but don't ever give up. Consult with your maker and He will show you great and mighty things you do not know. 

I am in a good place now and my heart is well taken care of.

Thank you for stopping by:

Sharon xxx.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ifeoma, Good to hear you speak in such an inspiring manner.....your neighbor in those days.....Bukola

    ReplyDelete

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...