Friday 30 January 2015

7 SCRIPTURES THAT HELPS US CARRY ON!!!


Philippians 1:12-14
“Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.”

Let me start with a question, have you ever been in a situation where you literally did not see a way out? Like you were confined by the walls of doubt and despair and that nothing anyone said or did or offered lifted you up, you were literally imprisoned by your doubt, by your stronghold, by your struggle, addiction, regret, heartbreak, fury, injustice whatever it may be it has imprisoned you behind gates that should not be there, you are trapped in a situation  you never intended to be in, you are hurt by someone you never thought would hurt you, you are addicted to something you don’t think was a real issue, you are doubtful because …. Well why?
Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I think we get so confused and disheartened by things because we A) do not understand them or B) have no control over them, doubt is literally like a mist that takes over our lives, that drops down in front of our eyes so that we don’t actually see what is going on in front of us, our life becomes a blur and all we know are the four walls that confine us.
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
As a Christian we think that it is important to have Faith and that it is important to sometimes be courageous and possibly bold, but we miss confidence, we think that being confident means we are being self-righteous, self-serving, self-indulgent, but in the grand scheme of things we need all four to work together to benefit one another, there is no point in being confident but not bold, there is no point in having Faith without courage. It is so important to be courageous in many different situations in our lives, because Fear and Faith do not coincide, so that means whatever we feed to fear we starve from faith – we cannot have it both ways. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of Power/Love and Self-Control
Faith
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Courage
Acts 28:15
And from there, when the brethren heard about us, they came to meet us as far as Appii Forum and Three Inns. When Paul saw them, he thanked God and took courage.
Confidence
Isaiah 30:15
For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”
But you would not,
Boldness
Proverbs 28:1
The wicked flee when no one pursues,
But the righteous are bold as a lion.
What is the point in me going through all this with you? Because people underestimate the 4 working together in fact we need to get up day in day out and pick up our armour of God with courage, so that we can act boldly and confidently in our Faith, the measure of Faith God gives to us.
Often I say the thing that helps me a lot on days when I am feeling down is power dressing, there is nothing more amazing than putting on an amazing outfit as a girl and feeling good, looking good and knowing that the day is going to be good it gives us the courage to face the day, the confidence to do things that we wouldn’t and the boldness to be true to who we are to stand tall and loud in what we believe and stand for, and truly give the day our best, I feel the same applies to our life as a Christian, we need to get up with our armour, put it on, apply it to our life, we need to literally pick up the sword of the spirit which is the only attacking weapon that God gives us, because he knows that his word is truth and is life and will dispel anything the enemy will attack us with, the word of God is powerful, when we speak it into things they change, when we declare it over things, they change, when we tell it to ourselves, we change they aren't just words that we mutter, it is God, it is the Holy Spirit and it is most certainly LIFE, but we can only do this with a boldness, a confidence, some courage and without a doubt Faith in the one who called us, who set us apart and who intends everything for the good of those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...