Wednesday 21 January 2015

GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT........

Hey people! hope you had a lovely day today? I did something today and I did it right. It wasn't a big deal to one of my friend because to him, it is something I should already know how to do. Hmmmm how insulting!!! Well I gave myself some credit for getting the some of the process right...... I danced and screamed and said "YES SHARON YOU DID IT"....!!! We ended up laughing hard about it all and then I turned and said to him Emma, it it were a few years back I would never have felt this way. He asked why say so? Me: I never used to give myself credit...... I never used to appreciate or congratulate myself for anything no matter what it is.
A few years ago before I met Jonathan (abeg not our presido oo) lol... Jonathan is a friend I met while studying in the UK. we were trained together for a job we both had applied for. You see, during the training process, we were usually put in a group given task to complete. sometimes, during brainstorming sessions, you would hear him scream "YES!!! I thought so too"...... "my brain is working" ..... "am doing good guys"(having seen and perhaps written same thing as another group member).

One day, I called him just to know why he does that all the time. "He said Sharon, nobody I repeat nobody knows it all we can all but try. you see Sharon, school is hard..... life is even tougher in general and if you are always waiting to get things right all the time and be commended for it by another, you'd be waiting a long time."........ He went on to say; crediting and appreciating himself at every given time, motivates him. He went on to say with that feeling, he feels accomplished and that would make him want to do better, get better and feel better about himself.

He doesn't wait for our supervisor or group members to give him credit. He has already done that so when someone else's goes "Joe you did good back there"....... He will simply acknowledge you by saying "thanks mate..... I KNOW".

So guys to day I took a clue from Jonathan and gave myself some patting on the back. Trust me it felt good!!!..... So guys always try to celebrate and give yourselves some credit for a job well done no matter how small.

Sharon xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...