Tuesday 20 January 2015

ADVICE??? A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW....

I ran into an old friend a few days ago at a bus stop. We used to be roommates back in the day lol….. She abused me when I told her the truth about a decision she was about to make back then. It happened on a lovely Saturday morning….. We were all in the room (all eight of us). She cleared her throat to get our attention. Girls I need your advice she on this matter she said. After narrating her story I kept quiet and waited for the other girls to advise her (I was about the youngest in the room).

I was really disappointed at my other roommates for the kind of advice they gave her. The reply to her story was a question of yes/no answer but at the end of the day, it is in her power to make the final decision (sorry I won’t tell you her story). After listening to all the other girls, she looked at me and said Sharon what do you think? I just went don’t do it and I gave her my reasons. She looked at me, called me a small girl and a bad belle and worked out of the room with the other girls in tow.
You can only but imagine how she felt when we ran into each other that very day.  She walked up to me and said Sharon I am very sorry.
Me: sorry for what?
She: for not listening to you back then
Me: come here (I gave her a big hug).
To me, this was the best response ever!!! She asked me if I was in a hurry and I said well, I can spare you a few minutes of my time if you want. She grabbed me by the hand, walked me to a Conner and downloaded “the gist”. She said Sharon you offered me wisdom but I neglected you.... now look at me.......
Advice is an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action. This recommendation may come from persons you do not like; you may not take them seriously because at the time they do not suite your situation (just as the case of my friend) but, they could be a life saver in the future.
Learn to take good advice no matter whom it is coming from. When you seek advice from different opinions, always can for the truth. Don’t rush into applying what the popular wants for you. For the sake of your future, take good advice irrespective of whom it is coming from.

 I am happy she survived the situation for which she neglected my advice. I wasn't a "bad belle" after all..... Advice, just like the bitter malaria medicine I had to swallow as a child, is indeed a very "bitter pill" to swallow.

Sharonxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERFECTION IS TAILOR MADE

I visited a friend during the festive period and she offered to serve me rice of which I obliged.  The question that followed made me sm...